Pet Groomer - FT - Greenfield
Facility: Noah's Brandywine Animal Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time (weekends included)
Summary of Job
We are looking for a motivated, friendly individual to be part of our team providing grooming services for our clients. The Groomer provides care, grooming and basic needs to patients who are being groomed, boarded, or who are patients of the Noah’s Animal Hospitals.
The hospital provides a dedicated grooming area with tables and cages, a large bathing tub, and support staff to answer phones and schedule appointments. Our Groomers provide consistently high quality bathing and grooming services, in line with the standards of Noah's Animal Hospitals.
Groomers must have excellent communication skills and a strong dedication to outstanding client service. Groomers are expected to meet and exceed client’s expectations for the quality of service provided from our facility. Groomers must be able to empathize with clients and remain compassionate and well mannered under all circumstances.
Groomers must learn and understand our health requirements for pets boarded or groomed at the facility and be able to clearly communicate the importance of these to our clients.
- Observe patient appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent
- Take charge of and handle patients; as required, safely and compassionately restrain animals.
- Admit pets to be groomed noting owner’s specific instructions, contact information and pick up time. In accordance with hospital operating instructions, determine care required in agreement with the individual needs and circumstances of animals.
- Perform grooming services, including brush, clipping, hand scissoring, trims and shapes dogs’ coats to groom dogs using knowledge of canine characteristic, grooming techniques and styles and owners instructions.
- Provide medicated (when instructed) and general cleansing, pedicures, and ear cleansing, as required for each pet.
- Ability to work with chemicals when performing medicated baths and dips. Knowledge of OSHA requirements when handling hazardous chemicals (i.e. medicated shampoos and dips)
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
Our Core Values:
- Demonstrating Compassion
- Providing Memorable Client Experiences
- Being Easy to do Business With
- Operating with Integrity
- Working with Passion
- Excellence in Care and Service
- Being Helpful
- Finding and Keeping the Right People
- Grooming experience required
- Knowledge of and comfort with all dog breeds
- Exceptional customer service
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Why Noah’s? Noah’s Animal Hospitals are all about making life better for people and their pets – literally, it’s our mission. We know pets are cherished family members of our clients and strive to make their experience with us as comfortable and pleasant as possible, no matter what circumstances bring them in. Whether it’s the first visit for a brand new puppy or the final goodbyes to a lifelong companion, our compassionate care shines in exceptional service.